ME PLASTIC SURGERY
contact our office
What is a non-surgical rhinoplasty?
Non-surgical rhinoplasty, also known as a liquid rhinoplasty, is a low downtime procedure used to improve the shape of the nose without surgery. It is certainly a current trend of non-invasive procedures to bring balance to the nose and face. Nose fillers is a common request from my patients, and it is a perfect option for those who do not want to have surgery or have minor irregularities on the nose after surgery and want to improve the nasal shape further. Also known as a non-surgical nose job, it is an office procedure done with topical anesthesia and the use of injectable fillers.
Who is a good candidate for a surgical and non-surgical rhinoplasty?
The traditional surgical rhinoplasty is a rewarding permanent procedure that changes the shape, improves the aesthetics and can also improve the function of the nose in case of nasal obstruction. It requires general anesthesia and a few weeks of down time in most cases, being a great procedure for many patients. However, some patients do not want to undergo a surgical procedure to make changes in the nose. They are happy with temporary changes to the nose requiring injections about once a year to maintain the results. Some patients have had a previous rhinoplasty and desire further improvements to the nose with no extra surgery. Then, we can use fillers to perform a non-surgical rhinoplasty.
How is a non-surgical rhinoplasty done?
The procedure is done in the office with topical or local anesthesia and has minimal or no downtime. The results are seen immediately after the injections. We recommend topical Arnica gel to the nose to speed up recovery since some patients can have some swelling afterwards for a couple of days. Taking NSAIDS is also good after the procedure. A comprehensive patient evaluation and discussion of the patient’s goals in the office is the first step to define who is a good candidate.
Who should perform my non-surgical rhinoplasty?
Knowledge of the surgical anatomy is very important for making the precise changes in the nose and create a beautiful and natural result, while avoiding complications. Selecting a qualified plastic surgeon that performs surgical rhinoplasties and understands the risks and subtleties involved with a surgical nose job is key for having a successful non-surgical rhinoplasty. Although temporary (we only use absorbable hyaluronic acid fillers for this procedure), injections of fillers to fine tune the aesthetics of the nose is a highly rewarding procedure for me and my patients.
How can I get started to learn more?
If you are interested in having a non-surgical rhinoplasty or liquid rhinoplasty, it would be my pleasure to see you in the office for an in-person consultation. We can talk about what you want to achieve, go over the specific areas you are looking to improve and, I will answer any questions you have. Call or email us to schedule your appointment.
Preparing for filler injections to avoid unwanted bruising:
- DO NOT take any aspirin for 7-10 days before your scheduled procedure. Please contact the office if you are prescribed aspirin by your cardiologist or Primary Care Provider (PCP). Do not take NSAIDS (Aleve, Motrin, Ibuprofen) for 5 days before injections. You may take Tylenol (Acetaminophen) if needed for aches or pains.
- Discontinue Vitamin E 7 days before injections.
- Avoid the following herbal supplements for 7 days before your injections: Echinacea, Ephedra / Phentermine (used for weight loss), Feverfew, Fish Oils, Garlic, Ginkgo Biloba, Goldenseal, Kava-Kava, Licorice, Saw Palmetto, St. John’s Wort and Valerian.
- Stop Smoking. The harmful effects of smoking cause a lot of wrinkles and skin damage!
- Alcohol can promote bleeding, so it is best to avoid alcohol intake for at least a few days before the injections.
- Start oral anti-bruising supplements with Arnica Montana / Bromelain the day before or the day of your injections and continue for 3-5 days after the injections. Fresh pineapple is rich in Bromelain, so add it to your diet.
Injections of fillers to fine tune the aesthetics of the nose is a highly rewarding procedure for me and my patients.
Dr. Gabriele Miotto, Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
Atlanta Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Liquid Nose Job)
Rhinoplasty is the medical term that refers to cosmetic nose surgery (aka nose job). Today, instead of having a surgical rhinoplasty many people are choosing to reshape their nose with a liquid rhinoplasty (aka non-surgical rhinoplasty, non-surgical nose job, 15-minute nose job or liquid nose job). During a liquid nose job, Atlanta plastic surgeon and expert injector Dr. Gabriele Miotto uses neuromodulators / neurotoxins (e.g., BOTOX, Xeomin and Dysport) to freeze muscles negatively affecting the way the nose looks. She also uses dermal fillers consisting of hyaluronic acid (e.g., Juvéderm and Restylane) as well as calcium hydroxylapatite (e.g., Radiesse) to smooth out bumps on the bridge of the nose and for contouring purposes.
Who is a Good Candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty in Atlanta?
A healthy individual who would like to make certain aesthetic changes to his or her nose, but is not ready to have a surgical procedure to address these issues.
Aesthetic issues that a liquid nose job addresses:
- Dorsal bumps or humps.
- An angular-looking nose.
- A droopy nasal tip.
In addition, patients who have already had traditional cosmetic nose surgery may choose to have a liquid nose job to make further changes to their nose.
Who is Not a Good Candidate for a 15-Minute Nose Job?
Someone who has a broken or severely crooked nose is not a good candidate for a liquid rhinoplasty. In addition, individuals who experience breathing problems due to irregularities in the structure of the nose will not benefit from a liquid nose job: The only way to address structural issues is with cosmetic nose surgery.
What Individuals Who Wear Glasses Need to Know About the 15-Minute Nose Job
An individual who needs to wear glasses or wears sunglasses on a regular basis will need to discontinue wearing these for two weeks after their 15-minute nose job. Following this recommendation is vital because pressure on the filler can cause the material to combine with the skin. In addition, if Dr. Miotto adds filler to the bridge of the patient’s nose the glasses can displace the filler.
Can a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty in Atlanta Reduce the Size of the Nose?
Since Dr. Miotto uses dermal fillers as a means to add volume to the nose, actually reducing the size of an individual’s nose is not possible. Nonetheless, by using her artistic vision and skill she can lift the tip or subtly narrow the base of the nose. These changes create the illusion that an individual has a smaller nose.
How Does a Liquid Nose Job Create the Illusion of a Smaller Nose?
An asymmetrical nose that has an irregular shape stands out, whereas an even, symmetrical nose blends in with the rest of the face. This is why after Dr. Gabriele Miotto strategically adds dermal fillers to a patient’s nose it may actually appear smaller than it did before the non-surgical nose job.
Which Dermal Fillers Does Dr. Miotto Use During a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty in Atlanta?
While she performs a 15-minute nose job, Dr. Gabriele Miotto uses the hyaluronic acid fillers (aka HA fillers) Juvéderm and Restylane as well as the calcium hydroxylapatite filler (aka CaHA filler) Radiesse to make changes to her patient’s nose.
What Are the Differences Between Hyaluronic Acid Fillers and Calcium Hydroxylapatite Dermal Fillers?
Juvéderm and Restylane are safe, FDA-approved dermal fillers consisting of the compound hyaluronic acid. The HA compound itself is found naturally in the body. The results attained with these fillers can last up to nine months. One benefit of using HA fillers is the ability to reverse the results. Therefore, if a patient is unhappy with the results of his or her liquid nose job, an expert injector can easily reverse these changes using the enzyme hyaluronidase. This reversal can be complete or partial.
Radiesse is another safe, FDA-approved dermal filler; however, instead of hyaluronic acid, this dermal filler consists of calcium hydroxylapatite. Just like HA fillers, the mineral CaHA naturally occurs within the body. The results attained with Radiesse can last up to 12 months. One benefit of Radiesse is that the results last longer, however, unlike HA fillers, CaHA fillers are irreversible.
Patients who have a non-surgical rhinoplasty usually maintain their results by returning to ME Plastic Surgery in Atlanta once they notice that their results are beginning to wear off. With HA fillers, results begin wearing off around the nine-month mark and with CaHA fillers, after about 12 months.
What Determines the Longevity of the Results Achieved During a Liquid Nose Job?
It is the patient’s metabolic rate that determines how long the results of his or her liquid nose job lasts. Since a faster metabolic rate causes the body to absorb dermal fillers quicker, an individual with a faster metabolic rate usually needs to have a follow-up treatment sooner than someone who has a slower metabolic rate.
In Which Areas of the Nose Can Dr. Miotto Use Injectables?
The areas where Dr. Gabriele Miotto injects a dermal filler or neuromodulator depend on the issues she is addressing for the patient.
The areas of the nose in which she can administer these injectables include the:
In addition, to modify the shape of the nose, Dr. Miotto can administer injectables in the areas surrounding the nose.
How an Expert Injector Addresses Specific Aesthetic Issues During a Non-Surgical Nose Job
When considering a liquid rhinoplasty, there are specific issues that Atlanta plastic surgeon and expert injector Dr. Gabriele Miotto can address.
During an Atlanta 15-minute nose job Dr. Miotto Addresses:
A Nose Bump
Fillers and neuromodulators are unable to remove humps and bumps, yet, there are times when an expert injector can fill in the areas around the bump or hump. Using a dermal filler like Juvéderm, Restylane or Radiesse, Dr. Miotto can create the appearance of a smooth, straight nose.
A 15-minute nose job works best for individuals who have a smaller hump or bump. Those with a relatively large bump are typically not good candidates for a liquid rhinoplasty but instead should consider a surgical nose job.
A Low Bridge
People of African American or Asian descent frequently choose to have a non-surgical rhinoplasty to address a low bridge. By adding dermal filler to the bridge of the nose, Dr. Miotto raises the bridge making it appear higher than it actually is.
A Dip in the Bridge of the Nose
While performing a 15-minute nose job, Dr. Gabriele Miotto addresses divots or dips in the bridge of the nose with dermal filler injections. She uses HA and CaHA fillers because both work well for the correction of these nose bridge characteristics.
Using her extensive knowledge, artistic vision and skill, Dr. Miotto strategically places a patient’s dermal-filler injections to give the illusion of a well-balanced nasal structure.
A Droopy Tip
To address a droopy tip during traditional cosmetic nose surgery, Dr. Miotto places grafts between the medial crura to support the tip of the nose. Therefore, to add support to the tip of the nose during a non-surgical nose job, Dr. Gabriele Miotto injects dermal fillers between the medial crura.
Additional Reasons Patients Choose to Have a Liquid Nose Job Include:
To Make Changes After a Surgical Rhinoplasty
Some individuals choose to have a non-surgical nose job to temporarily enhance or revise the results of their cosmetic nose surgery.
To Preview the Potential Results of a Surgical Nose Job
Making permanent changes to the face can be scary. For this reason, some patients who are considering a surgical nose job choose to have a 15-minute nose job first. This allows the patient to preview what his or her nose may look like after having a surgical rhinoplasty.
How Does Dr. Gabriele Miotto Use Neuromodulators / Neurotoxins During a Liquid Nose Job in Atlanta?
Neuromodulators like BOTOX, Xeomin and Dysport relax the muscles that Dr. Miotto injects them in.
During a non-surgical nose job, Dr. Gabriele Miotto may inject a neuromodulator between the patient’s nostrils and directly into the depressor septi nasi muscle. The depressor septi nasi muscle pulls the nose downward. By pulling it downward, this muscle causes the nose to look droopy and fat. Once Dr. Miotto injects a neurotoxin to freeze the muscle that is pulling the nose down, the patient’s nose looks perkier.
Which issues Cannot Be Addressed with a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty?
For some patients a liquid nose job is the perfect alternative to traditional cosmetic nose surgery, nevertheless, there are other times when a patient can only attain the results that he or she desires with surgical intervention.
Issues that require surgical intervention:
A Large Hump or Bump
To make an area appear flatter, Dr. Miotto can use dermal fillers to build up the areas around a large bump or hump. However, individuals who would like her to address the bump or hump itself as well as those who want a smaller nose are better candidates for a traditional rhinoplasty.
Since the only way to address wide nostrils is through tissue removal, a 15-minute nose job is not a feasible option for addressing this issue.
A Bulbous Tip
During cosmetic nose surgery, Dr. Miotto removes cartilage and rearranges the tip of the patient’s nose to create a smaller, more-defined nasal tip. The 15-minute nose job involves adding more material to the nose; therefore, it is not a good option for addressing a nose that has a bulbous tip.
What Happens During a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty in Atlanta?
Administering the dermal fillers and neuromodulators typically takes about 15 minutes; however, it takes approximately 15 minutes for the topical numbing cream to take effect. Therefore, patients receiving a topical numbing agent will need to be at ME Plastic Surgery for at least 30 minutes on the day of their liquid rhinoplasty.
Procedure steps for a non-surgical rhinoplasty in Atlanta:
- Dr. Miotto provides the patient with specifics about his or her liquid rhinoplasty.
- To ensure the patient remains comfortable during his or her non-surgical nose job, Dr. Miotto has the patient lie down.
- Dr. Gabriele Miotto gently tilts the patient’s face upward.
- She sanitizes the injection sites. Dr. Miotto determines the injection sites based on the patient’s unique facial characteristics and the results a patient desires.
- Dr. Miotto may apply a topical anesthetic to the injection sites. If the filler includes a local anesthetic, the patient does not necessarily need a topical numbing cream.
- Once the anesthetic takes effect, Dr. Gabriele Miotto begins administering the injections.
- She carefully and strategically injects small amounts of the dermal filler or neuromodulator into targeted areas. To avoid adding too much filler or neuromodulator at a specific location, Dr. Miotto only injects small amounts at a time. Injecting too much of either material can negatively affect the patient’s results.
- As Dr. Gabriele Miotto administers an injection, the patient can expect to feel slight pressure and a pinching sensation.
- After administering dermal filler injections, Dr. Miotto gently smooths the filler out. She does not massage these areas because added pressure could cause the material to migrate.
What to Expect While Recovering from a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
Most individuals only experience slight redness and sensitivity at the injection sites; however, there are other potential side effects.
Potential side effects following a non-surgical nose job in Atlanta include:
- Bruising at the injection sites.
- Migration of a dermal filler or neuromodulator to another area.
- Pain at the injection sites.
How Much Downtime is There After a Non-Surgical Nose Job?
Following a liquid nose job, there is no downtime. Patients can return to work and perform their regular activities on the same day they have their non-surgical rhinoplasty. Nonetheless, patients should avoid performing strenuous exercises for at least 24 hours after their injection session.
When Will the Results of an Atlanta Non-Surgical Nose Job Become Fully Visible?
Once the bruising and redness subside, the patient sees the final results. It usually only takes about two weeks for all the redness and bruising to diminish.
Potential Complications of a Liquid Nose Job in Atlanta
When a patient chooses an inexperienced injector to perform his or her non-surgical rhinoplasty, the patient is at a greater risk of experiencing one of the more serious complications.
Potential problems include:
- Vascular complications.
- Vision loss.
- Necrosis (i.e., tissue death).
Nonetheless, when patients choose expert injector and plastic surgeon Dr. Gabriele Miotto to perform their liquid nose job, experiencing complications such as these are highly unlikely.
How Can a Liquid Nose Job Cause Vascular Complications and Vision Loss?
At the end of the nose there are arteries that connect to the retina. Therefore, if vascular complications occur during a liquid nose job, the patient’s sight may be negatively affected. Furthermore, there are other arteries in this area that are closely connected and if these arteries become compromised skin death (necrosis) can result.
What Issues Indicate that Dr. Miotto Should be Contacted?
Patients should contact ME Plastic Surgery at (404) 850-5851 if after their non-surgical nose job they experience:
- Blurred vision.
- A fever.
- Bruising or redness that spreads and worsens.
- An allergic reaction (e.g., hives).
What Are the Differences Between a Traditional Rhinoplasty and a Non-surgical Rhinoplasty?
A non-surgical rhinoplasty is usually ideal for individuals looking for slight changes whereas; a traditional nose job is best for individuals who would like to make drastic aesthetic changes to their nose.
Pros of a liquid rhinoplasty include:
- Patients stay awake during their non-surgical nose job.
- Virtually no downtime.
- A swift recovery.
- Visible results are evident immediately after Dr. Miotto completes the non-surgical nose job.
- If a patient asks Dr. Gabriele Miotto to make changes to his or her liquid nose job results, as long as Dr. Miotto uses a hyaluronic acid dermal filler, she can easily dissolve the results with injections of the enzyme hyaluronidase.
- Temporary results, the results usually dissipate within a year of the injection session.
- It is a relatively inexpensive non-surgical procedure.
Furthermore, after a liquid nose job, many people experience a boost in their self-confidence level.
Cons of a liquid rhinoplasty include:
- Some patients prefer permanent results.
- Inflammation and bruising are common side effects.
- As the injector administers the dermal filler or neuromodulator, a misplaced needle could cause bleeding under the skin. This bleeding could negatively affect the patient’s vision. For this reason, choosing an experienced expert injector familiar with facial anatomy is essential.
- To maintain the results, patients need to return to ME Plastic Surgery periodically for follow-up treatment. The results of a 15-minute nose job usually last anywhere from six months to a year, sometimes longer.
Pros of traditional cosmetic nose surgery include:
- Results can be dramatic.
- Since results are permanent, there is no need to return for maintenance procedures.
Cons of a traditional nose job include:
- Patients receive general anesthesia.
- The potential of a complication is higher (e.g., infection).
- More expensive than a 15-minute nose job.
- Results are permanent; therefore, if the patient is unhappy with the outcome, he or she needs to have another surgery.
An Initial Consultation for a 15-Minute Nose Job in Atlanta
During an initial consultation for a liquid nose job at ME Plastic Surgery patients need to inform Dr. Gabriele Miotto what they want to accomplish.
In addition, Dr. Miotto needs information about the medications the patient takes as well as specifics with regard to the vitamins and herbs he or she takes regularly.
If the patient has any type of chronic condition (e.g., high blood pressure, diabetes mellitus type 2, etc.), Dr. Gabriele Miotto wants to know.
Patients should expect Dr. Miotto to examine their nose during this consultation. By examining the patient’s nose, she determines whether the patient is a good candidate for a 15-minute nose job and whether she can provide the results the patient desires with a liquid nose job.
Preparing for a Liquid Nose Job
There are a few general guidelines that all patients should follow before any procedure. Nevertheless, specific preparation instructions typically depend on the type of filler Dr. Miotto is using during the patient’s 15-minute nose job.
General guidelines for a non-surgical procedure in Atlanta:
- Boost vitamin K.
- Avoid medications and herbal supplements that thin the blood for a week prior to a liquid nose job (e.g., St. John’s Wort, Kava Kava, Ginkgo Biloba, etc.).
- Stay well hydrated.
- Eat something small that contains protein and starch before the procedure.
- Avoid overeating before a procedure.
Before having a liquid nose job, patients receive specific preparation instructions from one of ME Plastic Surgery’s staff members or Dr. Miotto herself.
How Much Does a Liquid Rhinoplasty in Atlanta Cost?
Since everyone is unique, Dr. Miotto creates personalized liquid nose job treatment plans for her patients. Therefore, to determine how much a patient’s 15-minute nose job costs, he or she needs to schedule an initial consultation at ME Plastic Surgery in Atlanta.
Anyone in the Atlanta area who is interested in learning more about a non-surgical rhinoplasty should consider contacting ME Plastic Surgery to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Gabriele Miotto. Dr. Miotto is an experienced expert injector and a top plastic surgeon in Atlanta. She uses her skill, artistic vision and intimate knowledge of facial anatomy to create the facial characteristics her patients’ desire.
If you are considering a 15-minute nose job, and you are in Atlanta or its surrounding area, contact ME Plastic Surgery today to schedule your initial consultation. To make an appointment by phone, please call (404) 850-5851 or if you prefer you can use the online request form by clicking here and choosing the request a consultation icon.
ME Plastic Surgery is in Atlanta. The office address is 3200 Downwood Circle, Northwest, Suite #640.
- Brow Lift
- Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Upper Eyelid Surgery
- Lower Eyelid Surgery
- Eye Bags Treatment
- Midface Lift (Cheek Lift)
- Facial Contouring
- Facial Fat Transfer (Fat Grafting)
- Facial Harmonization
- Lip Augmentation (Lip Injections)
- Lip Lift
- Neck Lift
- Vertical Neck Lift
- Non-Surgical Facelift (Liquid Facelift)
- Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
- Mole Removal
- Nanofat Grafting
- Vertical Neck Lift
- Mid-Face Cheek LIft
- Cheek Augmentation
- Chin Augmentation
- Ear Pinning Surgery (Otoplasty)
- Torn Earlobe Repair
- Keloid Treatment
- Nanofat Grafting
- Collagen Biostimulation
- Facial Harmonization
- Facial Fat Transfer (Fat Grafting)
- Fat Transfer to the Hands (Fat Grafting)
- Improve Dark Circles
- Lip Augmentation (Lip Injections)
- Non-Surgical Facelift (Liquid Facelift)
- Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
- Soften Facial Creases
- Skin Care
- Skin Resurfacing
- Hand Rejuvenation with Injections
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Dermal Fillers
- Restylane Kysse
- Juvederm Volbella
- Juvederm Voluma XC
- ZO Skin Health
- Revision Skincare
- Obagi Skin Care