ME PLASTIC SURGERY
contact our office
Many patients in their 30s and 40s come to me interested in preventing loss of skin elasticity or improve initial skin aging and volume loss. There are several procedures we can do in the office which will help boost collagen production: hyperdiluted filler injections such as calcium hydroxylapatite and poly-L-lactic acid, POD threads, skin-needling with nanofat and growth factors.
How does collagen-boosting injections work?
The procedures are don in the office under topical or local anesthesia. The injectables are diluted with saline and local anesthetic to be able to spread in the tissues and stimulate collagen production in the skin. This gradually replaces lost collagen through your own body production and leaves the skin substantially tighter and well hydrated. Injections can improve the skin quality of the face, neck, hands, thin skin of the inner arms, knees, buttocks. We also use needling devices such as the Aquagold to infuse nanofat and/or growth factors into the skin and improve skin aging.
How can I learn more about collagen bio-stimulation procedures?
If you are interested in learning more to know if you are a good candidate for collagen boosting procedures, it will be my pleasure to see you in the office for an in-person consultation. We can talk about what you want to achieve, go over the specific areas you are looking to improve and, I will answer any questions you have. Contact us to schedule your virtual or in-person appointment.
Plastic surgery through a woman’s eye
GABRIELE C. MIOTTO MD, MEd, is a Brazilian-American plastic surgeon in Atlanta, specialized in aesthetic surgery and minimally invasive aesthetic procedures. She is known and recognized for her beautiful and natural results. Call or email us to schedule your appointment!
Preparing for collagen-boosting procedures to avoid unwanted bruising:
- DO NOT take any aspirin for 7-10 days before your scheduled procedure. Please contact the office if you are prescribed aspirin by your cardiologist or Primary Care Provider (PCP). Do not take NSAIDS (Aleve, Motrin, Ibuprofen) for 5 days before injections. You may take Tylenol (Acetaminophen) if needed for aches or pains.
- Discontinue Vitamin E 7 days before injections.
- Avoid the following herbal supplements for 7 days before your injections: Echinacea, Ephedra / Phentermine (used for weight loss), Feverfew, Fish Oils, Garlic, Ginkgo Biloba, Goldenseal, Kava-Kava, Licorice, Saw Palmetto, St. John’s Wort and Valerian.
- Stop Smoking. The harmful effects of smoking cause a lot of wrinkles and skin damage!
- Alcohol can promote bleeding, so it is best to avoid alcohol intake for at least a few days before the injections.
- Start oral anti-bruising supplements with Arnica Montana / Bromelain the day before or the day of your injections and continue for 3-5 days after the injections. Fresh pineapple is rich in Bromelain, so add it to your diet.