What is a non-surgical facelift?
A non-surgical facelift or a non-surgical lift is a combination of procedures done in the office using injectables, threads and skin treatments to improve facial aging with no surgery.
Are non-surgical facelifts effective?
A non-surgical facelift can be very effective, but it does not have the same durability and is not as comprehensive as a surgical facelift. It works well for patients who present with mild to moderate aging looking for an overall improvement, which is not as permanent as a surgical facelift, but that we can maintain with a combination of procedures over time.
What is the difference between a surgical and non-surgical facelift?
A surgical facelift is a comprehensive facial rejuvenation procedure with very durable results. It is done under general anesthesia or sedation, with extreme patient comfort, and the downtime is two to three weeks. In surgery, we can address many areas of the face at the same time. A non-surgical facelift is done under topical or local anesthesia, and the downtime is a few days. A combination of different types of procedures (botulinum toxin, fillers, lasers, peels, threads…) is needed to address several aspects of the face and create a rejuvenated look. To create natural and beautiful results, a non-surgical facelift cannot treat all areas at once, but we make a treatment plan over 2-4 weeks to address facial aging in an individualized and safe way that makes sense to the patient’s overall goals.
How can I learn more about a non-surgical facelift procedure?
If you are interested in learning more if you are a good candidate for a non-surgical lift, it will be my pleasure to see you for a consultation. We can talk about what you want to achieve, go over the specific areas you are looking to improve and, I will answer any questions you have. Contact us to schedule your virtual or in-person appointment.
Plastic surgery through a woman’s eye
GABRIELE C. MIOTTO MD, MEd, is a Brazilian-American plastic surgeon in Atlanta, specialized in aesthetic surgery and minimally invasive aesthetic procedures. She is known and recognized for her beautiful and natural results. Call or email us to schedule your appointment!
Preparing for a non-surgical lift to avoid unwanted bruising:
- DO NOT take any aspirin for 7-10 days before your scheduled procedure. Please contact the office if you are prescribed aspirin by your cardiologist or Primary Care Provider (PCP). Do not take NSAIDS (Aleve, Motrin, Ibuprofen) for 5 days before injections. You may take Tylenol (Acetaminophen) if needed for aches or pains.
- Discontinue Vitamin E 7 days before injections.
- Avoid the following herbal supplements for 7 days before your injections: Echinacea, Ephedra / Phentermine (used for weight loss), Feverfew, Fish Oils, Garlic, Ginkgo Biloba, Goldenseal, Kava-Kava, Licorice, Saw Palmetto, St. John’s Wort and Valerian.
- Stop Smoking. The harmful effects of smoking cause a lot of wrinkles and skin damage!
- Alcohol can promote bleeding, so it is best to avoid alcohol intake for at least a few days before the injections.
- Start oral anti-bruising supplements with Arnica Montana / Bromelain the day before or the day of your injections and continue for 3-5 days after the injections. Fresh pineapple is rich in Bromelain, so add it to your diet.